Blizzard Announces New Mobile Games: Blackthorne 2: Thorne Harder and Queen’s Quest!
Blizzard announced today on its EU site that a couple of new amazing games will be coming to mobile platforms – normally I wouldn’t talk about much aside from World of Warcraft, but these were too good to pass up! Among the titles, Blackthorne 2: Thorne Harder, and Queen’s Quest!
Blackthorne 2 follows the exploits of Kyle Blackthorne as he returns to Earth to save us all from oblivion:
Sixteen years have passed on Earth since Kyle Blackthorne returned to his homeworld, the futuristic planet of Tuul. There he rescued its inhabitants, the Tuulips, overthrew the evil Sarlac, and reclaimed his father’s kingdom. But now, a new threat stirs beyond a torn horizon, and only one man can stop the darkness closing in… on Earth.
Unwilling to let another world he had called home be crushed in the wicked grip of the orc blight, Blackthorne abandons his (black) throne and uses the power of the Lightstone to travel back to Earth. But what awaits him at the other end of the world portal is like nothing he could have expected, and the stakes are higher than ever before….
The bestselling action adventure shooter returns… and this time, it’s personal.
- Uncannily lifelike AI
- 100% photorealistic graphics
- Epic hard rock soundtrack
- Magical, revolutionary gameplay that builds on Kyle’s signature no-look shotgun blast. Now he never looks where he’s shooting!
- Twitter and Facebook integration to automatically post updates for every single enemy you kill. Your friends will thank you.
Hell yeah! I know all of my Twitter followers are looking forward to hearing about how hard I killed that super-shark up there, and every single other killable object in the game! This is going to be so awesome! Also – it looks like this and Queen’s Quest will be available not just for the iPhone but for Android phones and other mobile devices as well!
Now check out Queen’s Quest – a follow-up title following the exploits of the new Queen of the Zerg herself, Kerrigan the Queen of Blades! You play Kerrigan as she tries to find her way through the aftermath of the Brood War, making friends and enemies, battling off betrayers and climbing her way to her rightful place on the throne of the Zerg!
Here’s what you have to look forward in terms of features:
- weeping saxophone soundtrack
- Literary consultation from “A Couple of Dudes from Mar Sara”
- Comes on 17 floppy disks
A revolutionary new Digital Rights Management (DRM) scheme in 5 easy steps:
- Open the Spin-A-Spacer DRM application on any smart phone*
- Line up the spacer faces to reveal the page/word matrix value
- Consult your player guide / lore manual, and turn to the appropriate page
- Use the special 3d lenticular glasses to decode the margin text and find the keyword passphrase
- Enter the special passphrase into the on-screen prompt
- Speak “OK” clearly and audibly into the device’s audio input
- ENJOY! (Occassionally, you may be asked to call a toll-free 800 number to verify your identity)
*note: iPhone users will need to open the application on a secondary handset
I’m not normally a big RPG person, but this looks like lots of fun, and a great continuation of the story from where Starcraft: Brood War left off. I’m looking forward to it!